Sassy Resource List
- www.cabwhp.org Non-profit organization for improving the health of California’s Black women and girls through education, policy, outreach, and advocacy. (new)
- www.triplestepforthecure.org (Triple Negative Breast Cancer) (new)
- www.nmanet.org (the largest and oldest national organization representing African American physicians committed to the elimination of health disparities)
- www.celebratinglife.org (Breast Cancer Awareness for African American women and women of color
- www.lbbc.org (Living Beyond Breast Cancer)
- www.cancer.gov (National Cancer Institute) 1.800.4.CANCER
- www.sistersnetworkinc.org (National African American cancer survivors organization)
- www.komenlacounty.org (Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County) The goal is to have 50 people on the team.
- www.komen.org (The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation)
- www.cancer.org (American Cancer Society) 1.800.ACS.2345
- www.bwwla.com (Black Women for Wellness) (new)
- www.aabcainc.org (African American Breast Cancer Alliance for Men and Women –Minnesota) (new)
- www.celebratelifecm.org (Celebrate Life Cancer Ministry, Los Angeles, CA)
- www.nabco.org (National Alliance of Breast Cancer Organizations)
- www.disabilityrightslegalcenter.org/about/cancerlegalresource.cfm The Cancer Legal Resource Center (CLRC) is a national, joint program of the Disability Rights Legal Center and Loyola Law School Los Angeles. The CLRC provides free information and resources on cancer-related legal issues (new)
https://www.komen.org/treatment-assistance-program. Please make sure to read through and complete the entire application. You will also need to obtain a letter from your medical provider confirming diagnosis and treatment (this must be on letterhead). Once complete, send the entire application to TreatmentAssistance@Komen.org OR P.O. Box 801889 Dallas, TX 75380. For assistance with the application or for more information, contact 1-972-866-4233 or TreatmentAssistance@Komen.org
Needy Meds – provides information on how to provide pharmaceutical assistance programs. You can visit them at www.needymeds.org or you can call them at 800-503-6897
Christina S. Walsh Breast Cancer Foundation – provides assistance for treatment for under or uninsured patients, such as medications, tests, transportation to and from treatment, and other financial burdens. Please visit them at http://www.christinaswalshbcf.org/Our%20Services.html or call them at (732) 853-7910.
Provision Project provides financial assistance for breast cancer patients who are in need to pay medical expenses, utilities, gas/travel, or general living expenses. Applications are only accepted from the 1st to the 10th of each month. Please visit http://provisionproject.org/application/
Remember Betty assists in minimizing the financial burden associated with breast cancer for patients and survivors by providing direct financial support. Please visit http://rememberbetty.com/grant-application/ Applications are accepted from the 1st through the 7th of each month only.
Cancer Recovery Foundation – provides financial assistance for rent and utilities, community and educational resources to individuals diagnosed with cancer. You can visit the website at https://cancerrecovery.org/programs-for-cancer-recovery/womens-cancer-fund/program-guidelines/
Cancer Warrior, Inc– helps patients receive financial support for the treatment of their choice. or You can reach them at 702-546-8575 or visit their website at https://www.cancerwarriorinc.org/apply They were anticipated to begin accepting applications on February 18, 2021.
Breast Cancer Angels – provides temporary financial assistance to eligible patients in Los Angeles County who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of their treatment. You can contact them directly at 714-898-8900 or you can visit https://www.breastcancerangels.org/